I had this scrumptious dessert at a wedding. But I had no recipe, and neither did the internet. Not even pinterest. This was surprising. So, what the heck, right? I’ll just wing it.
And who knew? It was surprisingly simple and delicious and probably the most adorable thing I’ve ever made. You should make it too.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Tarts
30 oz Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough (by all means, make your own! I was just feeling lazy-ish, and it was super tasty anyway)
8 oz cream cheese
4 T butter (softened)
1 c powdered sugar
1/2 t vanilla
berries to your heart’s content
- Spoon rounded tablespoonfuls of cookie dough into a muffin tin–enough so that you can press out a thin layer on the bottom of each muffin….basin?….and shape some up around the sides.
- Bake for ~10 minutes in a 350° oven.
- Meanwhile, make the cream cheese filling. Cream together the butter and cream cheese, then add the powdered sugar and vanilla, and beat until creamy.
- When the cookie tartlets come out of the oven, let them sit for a few minutes. Then, place the tin upside down on a cooling rack, and tap the bottom of each ….. muffin space thing. Remove the tin and place the cookie tarts right side up and let them cool.
- Once the cookie tarts are cool, fill with cream cheese filling (I used a ziploc bag with the corner cut off) and add berries.
- And then eat the darn things. They’re so tasty.